Engagement shoot oops
16 DIY Make up tips
1.Use oil-free products such as primer, moisturizer, foundation, and have oil free blotting sheets the day of your wedding in case you start sweating.
2.The camera , lights, and sweating will tone down your makeup so add more than you would apply normally. Practice your makeup and take pictures before your wedding. By trying different styles and amount of makeup will make you look flawless for your big day!-- Also, take photos of each practice trial.
3. Cleanse and moisturize your skin before you start applying your makeup. After you moisturize and before you put on your foundation, PUT ON PRIMER. By doing so, your make makeup will go on smoother and last you a lot longer. Weddings are long and you want your makeup to last for it.
4. When applying your makeup use a sponge or a brush. NEVER use your fingers because it will add bacteria and dirt -- not to mention it will make your skin look blotchy.
5. Add on your concealer after your foundation -- doing it before your foundation could leave you looking cakey with too much product
6. An eyeshadow primer ensures smudge-free makeup, a must when you're wearing white.
7.Where do I apply my blush? SMILE, the apple of your cheek pops out. Apply your blush right there and blend into your temple — this will make it look like you're naturally flushing.
8.BROWS BROWS BROWS.Use a brow pencil to fill in your eyebrow. It frames your eye and pops everything. Ask a specialist to help you match the right color for you.
9. Apply darker eye shadow on the outside of eyes, moving lighter and brighter as you work in. This will make them look bright and big!
10. WAKE UP! Use a shimmer powder in the inner corners of your eyes before taking any photos. It will give your eyes the bright and awake look. Use a brush with a smaller head to get right into the inner corners of the eyes.
11. Curl your lashes first! Curl them at the root of the lash, at the middle, and at the tip. You don't need to clamp down with the curler, just a light squeeze.
12.Use fake lashes to enhance your look. For a full-on sexy or glamorous look, use a full lash strip. For a more subtle look, use individual lashes. Always curl your lashes and do a coat of mascara before you apply the fake lashes. After that, wait until the glue dries, use your eyelash curler again and a then a final coat of mascara.
13. If you are an emotional one-- USE WATERPROOF MASCARA
14. Lip prep- Put lip balm on your lips before gloss or lipstick so they're not dry and flaky. Then, fill in your entire lip with a lip pencil, which will hold the color longer. "
15. Keep a touch up bag with you on your wedding day. Carry things like your lip color,oil blotting sheets, Q-tips to blot your eye gunk, and some eyelash glue if need be.
16.Don’t try to change your look completely on your wedding day. The trick is to enhance your look.
Kim and chris
Pinterest is becoming a favorite tool for many people. Pinterest is a great way to share ideas and recipes -- a good way to get your creative juices flowing. As a wedding photographer, Pinterest is a great way to get a feel for the soon to be bride and grooms style. By using a shared board they can pin photos they like and color schemes that they will be using. Doing this gives the photographer an idea on what type of shots they are looking for and can help them give the bride and groom exactly what they want. If you are getting married, I highly recommend using Pinterest to connect with your photographer. If you do decide to have your photographer look at your Pinterest, ask them to look at it at least a month in advance so that they have time to. If you tell them the day of the wedding, it might be too late to squeeze in certain shots or too late in the game for them to have time to look at all. Also, be aware that you are hiring a photographer to give you what you need and also use their professional creative eye as well. With that said don't try to set up all your shots and let the professionals work their magic.
The perfect smile
Getting the right smile
Since I was a child, I have tried and tried to make my smile perfect. A lot of people struggle with this silly issue as well. I used to put my eyebrows all the way up when I smiled, thinking I looked cute. I realized that I looked scared for my life like someone was running full force towards me. We all have a “go to face” when someone takes our photo. I admit that smiling on command is VERY awkward. Over the years of taking photos and being in photos, I figured out the best strategy that works for myself and models. The best way to get a real and beautiful smile is simple….
1. RELAX-- Take a deep breath and relax. Stop worrying about you zits, your wrinkles, your eyebrows, your teeth, your mouth, or whatever you are so worried about. You are most natural and beautiful when you are relaxed.
2. Think about something that makes you happy like a pet, a friend, a place, or whatever it is that instantly make you feel good. You will get a great natural smile if you picture something that actually makes you happy!
3. Laugh out loud until you actually laugh!! If faking it until you make it is what you have to do, then do it! In groups, you can get everyone laughing with the goofy fake laughs too. Sometimes you can laugh too hard and you get too goofy for a family photo. I personally love the goofy ones though.
4. If you are the photographer, the best way to get a smile is to talk about some interests that spark your model. They will smile talking about things that make them happy. Children are difficult to get to smile sometimes!! Try this trick with them by using a toy and making it talk or make silly noises to make them laugh.
Tips for choosing a Venue
Choose a venue that is aesthetically pleasing to you! You will be seeing a lot of it in your photos! When you are picking a venue, keep lighting in mind. For outdoor weddings-- 1-2 hours before sunset is ideal for the ceremony or photos.Try to avoid buildings with high dark ceilings and few windows. Try to get a venue with big windows and a lot of natural light and plan your ceremony when the room will be the brightest. Also, us photographers hate fluorescent lights. They make you look like the incredible hulk!!